Professional Technician | Full-Time
Read more details below to see if this job is the right fit for you.
Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT), A+, Network+ CompTia Certificates
Full-time opportunity at 35-40 hours per week.
$44,292.80 per year after training
First Year in Your IT Career Journey
New IT professionals will participate in hands-on 1:1 training with experienced specialists diagnosing, preparing, and servicing the entire spectrum of the Apple ecosystem. Through interactive discussions and hands-on exercises, you’ll learn the Gophermods style for customer interactions, safety precautions, and basic troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios, devices, and role-playing.
At the end of the year, you’ll take and pass your Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) exam, receiving a $2,500 bonus upon completion.
What you’ll learn:
- Use Gophermods documentation, tools, and appropriate service strategies to safely repair all models of iPhone 5, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, XS, XR, 11, 12, and 13.
- Provide customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate how to properly and safely handle batteries and notebook computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and how to respond to battery-related incidents.
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Learn how to write case notes that are clear, concise, and complete. Understand the negative impact of poorly written case notes.
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to help the business and customers.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques, first-level evaluation, and isolation skills.
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot.
What you can do after the first year:
- Service all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod)
- Precursory understanding of the various tools and supplies to safely service Windows and Mac computer models. Determine how to identify and service physical damages.
- Understand how case notes— both good and poor—affect IT service metrics. Learn how to write concise, easily understood notes that can be effectively used as part of a repair and its history.
- Use professional vocabulary, phrases, and positioning statements when working with customers.
- Four weeks of R&R each year
- $200/month in à la carte benefits
- Holidays with friends and family
- Up to 12% annual raises
- 401k Program with 4% Salary Match
Daily Skills Utilized:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair devices
- Explain complex technical issues to customers in a non-technical, simple to understand the manner
- Willingness to grow within the company
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and maintain a positive work environment
- Answer customer emails and phone calls in a professional manner
- Accountable for the appearance and cleanliness of the store
- Available for quarterly team meetings
- Upserve customers accessories, devices, and protection plans
- Meet weekly and quarterly objectives
How Compensation is Calculated
Average Commissions: $3,120
Cash Benefits Stipend: $2,400
Paid-Time Off: $1,200
†401K Match: $1,372.80
Annual Training Bonuses: $5,000
†Assumes depositing at least 4% into your 401k.
Start Your Career
Apply today and be interviewed within one week!