Ever since the iPhone 13 was announced, I know many of you have wondered if you can repair it. It’s been out now for a few months, and yes, folks have already broken them.
We will discuss which iPhones were introduced in September of 2021, including colors, price points, and availability. This article does not cover the 3rd Gen iPhone SE that was released in Mach of 2022.
We’ll be focusing on the repairability of the iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max rather than the percentage change in camera quality, thickness, or battery size.
We will focus on whether iPhone 13 repair is possible and, if so, when for how much and what can we repair on it.
On September 14th, 2021, Apple announced four new iPhones. The 13 was a minor refresh of the previous year’s 12 series. The best part of this year’s series, instead of starting storage size of 64GB, all models’ base storage size is 128GB.
Going from 64GB to 128GB would have been a $100 upgrade in previous years. This year, it’s the same price, but you’re doubling up your storage. So that was nice of Apple to give everyone a $100 discount on the phone this year.
- iPhone 13 Mini: Staring $699
- iPhone 13: Stating $799
- iPhone 13 Pro: Starting $999
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: Starting $1,099
This article will discuss the iPhone 13 Pro Max (since we’ve already repaired a few), and we’ll write a few more in the coming weeks discussing the iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Mini.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max is essentially the iPhone 12 Pro Max; it has nearly the same display, coming in at 6.68″. One of the first noticeable differences is the smaller notch on the front side, up to 20% smaller than previous generations.
Since we’re discussing the repairability of the 13 Pro max versus the minute of differences in notch sizes, resolutions, etc., we’ll leave that to the million other articles and talk about what we know best (repairs!).
There are a lot of repairs out there for iPhones, but we’re only going to talk about the 95% that we see. We could spend hours and pages discussing the other 5%.